Degradation in response

Asad005

Degradation in response

Post by Asad005 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:38 am

Sir, the load-displacement curve for the applied load along with the file is attached for ur kind scrutiny.
The issue is that degradation in the response of the beam load vs displacement is not observed for the applied load. What can be the possible reason for it?
Originally the author (who used OpenSeeS for modelling of the same assembly) experienced degradation for the applied load but for that amount of displacement when I applied on the assembly, the response curve does not match with that of the author of the paper. After increasing the displacement at node up to double the amount (Uy=70 mm, i.e. about 2 times of 41 mm) to that of the author I experienced the same max. displacement but still no degradation.
Attachments
M, Def, T#1cp, Rigid.zip
(192.92 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (198.15 KiB) Viewed 785 times

STKO Team

Re: Degradation in response

Post by STKO Team » Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:52 pm

It is really hard to answer without knowing how the author made its model in OpenSees. If you are using a fiber cross section, you will not observe cyclic degradation (if you are referring to cyclic degradation) unless one of the fiber materials has cyclic degradation in its formulation. For example you can use the "ReinforcingSteel" uniaxial material that has that option.

If instead you refer to softening response, make sure to use the same fracture energy and the same mesh size of the author