running multiple time histories

Zeeshanbhat

Re: running multiple time histories

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:59 pm

Dear Team,

Thank you so much. I will be very grateful if you could help me in sorting this out. Please find the attached file in the link given below.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JFsrg1 ... sp=sharing.

I have included ground motions for one direction only, you can use the same folder for ground motions in other direction also.

Of Course as I have to a do lot of analysis, I am planining to go for OpenSeesMP.

Regards,
Zeeshan Bhat

STKO Team

Post by STKO Team » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Thank you so much. I will be very grateful if you could help me in sorting this out. Please find the attached file in the link given below.
We will have a look at your file after Easter holidays.
In the meantime I prepared a simple 1-element example that used OpenSeesMP to run a parametric analysis, where the parameter is the timeSeries to be used in the uniform excitation.
You can have a look at it to understand how it works.

Notes:
  1. Do not run OpenSeesMP directly from STKO, just generate the TCL files with the Write Input File command
  2. Go into the directory where you generated your TCL files and open a command shell
  3. Launch OpenSeesMP with the number of processors equal to the number of parameters you want
    (in this example 2)
    C:\OpenSees-Solvers\openseesmp.bat .\main.tcl 2
Tsec.zip
(148.85 KiB) Downloaded 18 times

Zeeshanbhat

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:41 am

Dear Team,

Gentle Reminder.
STKO Team wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:20 pm
We will have a look at your file after Easter holidays.
In the meantime I prepared a simple 1-element example that used OpenSeesMP to run a parametric analysis, where the parameter is the timeSeries to be used in the uniform excitation.
You can have a look at it to understand how it works.

Notes:
  1. Do not run OpenSeesMP directly from STKO, just generate the TCL files with the Write Input File command
  2. Go into the directory where you generated your TCL files and open a command shell
  3. Launch OpenSeesMP with the number of processors equal to the number of parameters you want
    (in this example 2)
    C:\OpenSees-Solvers\openseesmp.bat .\main.tcl 2
Tsec.zip

Regards,
Zeeshan Bhat

Zeeshanbhat

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:47 pm

'Dear Team,

I had look on the example provided by you. I have few doubts regarding this:

1. Instead of defining the time series within STKO. Can we export the time series from a particular folder with different dt and total time.

2. You have used the processor id to define the particular time series, which is good in case of unidirectional excitation. But how to use the same concept in case of bidirectional excitation where we have to define two time series for each processor.

Regards,

Zeeshan baht

Zeeshanbhat

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:10 am

Dear Team,

Any update.

Regards,

Zeeshan Bhat

Horace Horsecollar

Post by Horace Horsecollar » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Dear Zeeshanbhat,
sorry for our late reply. We have been very busy with our new implementations and we haven't found the time to work on it. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Regards

Zeeshanbhat

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:48 pm

Thank you

STKO Team

Post by STKO Team » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:42 am

1. Instead of defining the time series within STKO. Can we export the time series from a particular folder with different dt and total time.
Of course you can, the Path time series also accepts a file path.
2. You have used the processor id to define the particular time series, which is good in the case of unidirectional excitation. But how to use the same concept in the case of bidirectional excitation where we have to define two time-series for each processor.
It's pretty easy. Assuming that the series 0 and 1 go into the first process, 2 and 3 go into the second, and so on...
You can simply loop through the number of processes (as in the reference example) and compute the appropriate time-series id:

Code: Select all

for {set i 0} {$i < $num_processes} {incr i} {
	set series_id_1 [expr $i*2]
	set series_id_2 [expr $i*2+1]
}
We are looking at your model, there are folders with the ground motions and their info. However, you need to specify what are the X-Y pairs.
Additionally, they all have different dt and durations. You should decide how to make sure the X-Y pair for each processor are compatible with one another. for example, using the minimum dt between X and Y, and the max duration between X and Y.
Please provide this information and we will show you how to do it.

Zeeshanbhat

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:22 pm

Dear Team,

Thank you for helping me. I have included the ground motions below.
Ground motions.rar
(557.56 KiB) Downloaded 15 times
The pairs are in the consecutive order like 1&2 is first pair and so on. For a particular pair the total time and dt will be same. However it will vary from one pair to another. Although the included file has same dt in all ground motions. Please make provisions for the ground motions with different dt also.

Regards,
Zeeshan

Zeeshanbhat

Post by Zeeshanbhat » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:52 am

Dear Team,

Any Update.

Regards,

Zeeshan Bhat