hdf5 not found

NicolaCeccolini

hdf5 not found

Post by NicolaCeccolini » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:15 am

Dear all,

I installed STKO few days ago and following the indication of the post in the link (viewtopic.php?t=21) I was able to solve the problems encountered until now during the pre-processor fase.

At this point, during the execution of the analysis of any model (also example models at this link https://asdeasoft.net/?stko-example-files), I have this problem (here with a simple example model):

loading "hdf5.dll" ...
cannot load library "hdf5.dll"
"hdf5.dll" not found, trying with "libhdf5.dll"

hdf5_not_found.png
hdf5_not_found.png (50.42 KiB) Viewed 174 times

The "hdf5.dll" file is in the STKO directory and I try also to put it into the opensees.exe directory. I try various solution suggested on the web (install a more updated version of vcredist_x64, create a specific environment variable, download libhdf5.dll file, ...) but always with the same result (↑).

How should I solve this problem?

Thank you.

PS: I'm using the latest version of OpenSees (v3.2.2)

STKO Team

Re: hdf5 not found

Post by STKO Team » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:06 am

You need to copy the following DLLs in the directory where you have opensees.exe (you can find them in the STKO install directory):
  • hdf5.dll
  • szip.dll
  • zlib.dll
If you already did it, can you show me a screenshot of your OpenSees directory and the way you call it

NicolaCeccolini

Re: hdf5 not found

Post by NicolaCeccolini » Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

I copied mentioned DLLs in the opensees.exe directory and now the analysis carried out with examples model is going well.