The analysis did not converge

nurreferahasrul

The analysis did not converge

Post by nurreferahasrul » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:18 pm

I want to make this model in stko openensees which uses cyclic analysis, I have tried various searches either by one cyclic or by dividing it but I don't get good results, and the results will always be like this, and it takes more than 1 day and takes lots of memory.
Picture1.png
Picture1.png (496.88 KiB) Viewed 192 times
, if I select "cyclic time series" in "tsTag in Cyclic Pattern" it will produce something like this
Picture2.png
Picture2.png (242.54 KiB) Viewed 192 times
. Please help, here is my model and the model that I followed to compare the results with the model that I made (comparison modeling in sap2000)
Percobaan 13 (cyclic bagi 5).zip
(15.06 MiB) Downloaded 11 times

kesavapraba

Re: The analysis did not converge

Post by kesavapraba » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:27 am

Hi, Fiber sections of the beam elements have very fine meshes - this can consume a lot of time to do the analysis. I would suggest you to reduce the number of fibers (limit it to 200-300 fibers maximum in your case). Additionally, you should also look at the assignment of TwoNodeLink element, there is a warning about the orientation of the local. Please ensure the local X axis is oriented as per the intended direction. Further, you can consider using Penalty constraint handler since there are many single and multi-point constraints.
:: With best wishes ::
Prabakaran Kesavan