PushOver

davidcasas25

PushOver

Post by davidcasas25 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi everyone, I'm currently trying to modelate a building based in RC walls and I would like to approach the problem with fiber section and forcebeamColumn elements. As you can see I already tried to make the model but it would always send me this convergence problem.

I've come to think that my model is wrong, but there is not much information about this sections I´m trying to use in STKO, so if someone could help me I would really appreciate it.

This is my model, thanks:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YXFNpb ... sp=sharing
Attachments
Captura.PNG
Captura.PNG (148.11 KiB) Viewed 233 times

STKO Team

Re: PushOver

Post by STKO Team » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:53 pm

Dear David,

There were some mistakes that I corrected in the attached file:
  • All your columns were compounds of a base node and a polyline, however the base node was detached from the corresponding polyline. I simple exploded them and removed the extra nodes.
  • Your steel material had wrong parameters R0, cR1, CR2. I corrected them.
  • The vertical analysis had a duration = 10. However your timeseries for the vertical loads reached 1 (100% of the load) at time = 1. So using duration = 10, it means that you are trying to apply 10 times the total vertical load. I changed it to 1
  • In the displacement controlled analysis, you put a TargetDisplacement = 10. However you are modelling in meters, so I assumed you meant 10 cm, so I put TargetDisplacement = 0.1.
  • I also changed some other parameters in the analysis (most important the adaptive time step) to improve the convergence
Proyecto3 (1).zip
(496.17 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

davidcasas25

Re: PushOver

Post by davidcasas25 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:46 pm

Thanks a lot for your help. It is running perfectly. :D