Acceleration records

alokbhatta

Acceleration records

Post by alokbhatta » Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:41 am

Hi,

I am confused what to look at for output for the shell deformation in my walls. I want to be able to look at the correct drift of the walls. I am not sure about the unit consistency in the acceleration records. Could you please check to see that the accln is in mm/s^2 range; also, is (section. fiber.strain) is the correct parameter to look into?
Another question I have is, how do we integrate other acceleration time history in the north south direction? Do we analyse the model for different direction?
I am attaching the 1) model
masonry 7.rar
(4.73 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
, 3) other images.

Thanks,
Alok
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (295.14 KiB) Viewed 191 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (20.21 KiB) Viewed 191 times

STKO Team

Re: Acceleration records

Post by STKO Team » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:59 pm

Dear Alok,

STKO (as OpenSees)is unitless. You should take care of checking the unit-consistency of your data. There is no way I can verify that.

If you want to output the drift, then probably I will look into the displacement field, not the strain field.

If you want to analyze multiple ground motions, then it really depends on what you want to simulate. If you want to simulate 2 simultaneous ground motions acting at the same time, then apply both of them and then run 1 analysis. If instead you want to simulate them one-by-one, then you need to do 2 analysis, but in 2 separated files. otherwise the second analysis will consider the nonlinarity introduced by the first one.