Can´t create .mpco file

davidcasas25

Can´t create .mpco file

Post by davidcasas25 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:26 am

Hi you all,

I was wondering why when I run my building build with STKO I can´t get the .mpco file out of it. I´m currently just trying to do the eigen analysis.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XoxfwS ... sp=sharing

Thanks.

STKO Team

Re: Can´t create .mpco file

Post by STKO Team » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 am

Your model is correct.

However there is a note regarding the usage of the "eigen" command in OpenSees.

The standard "analyze" command (that is called for static and transient analyses), upon convergence of each time step, internally calls the "record" command, that tells all the recorders to print their data to the output file or database.

However the "eigen" command does not automatically call the "record" command!! So you have 2 scenarios:
  • after the eigen analysis you run another (static or transient) analysis that will call the record command, and so the modes of vibration will be printed.
  • you only run the eigen analysis. In this case you need to manually call the record commnad.
Also note that in this post (viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1513#p1731) we explained how to run an eigen analysis that writes all the statistics (eigenvalues, frequencies, periods, modal participation masses, etc...) to a text file. It baiscally uses a custom TCL command. at the end of this customCommand I also call the "record" command.

See the attached file:
Proyecto3_record.zip
(424.31 KiB) Downloaded 14 times