Analysis warning using RCJointModel3D

VITTORIA

Analysis warning using RCJointModel3D

Post by VITTORIA » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:37 pm

Dear STKO team,

I have some questions about RCjoint.

I am working on a RC frame, and in order to assign RCJoint, I followed these steps:

1) Create uniaxial material (pinching4);
2) Create special purpose (RC beam column joint Model3D; -- Selection of the vertex and drag and drop;
3) Create Element (RC joint Model 3D Element,) -- Select the special purpose and drag and drop.

If I recall correctly one of your last webinar on the matter, I understood that the newest version of STKO would have allowed to automatically recognize the dimension of the nodes without specifying Lx, Ly and Lz. Is that correct?

I am currently using the newest version of the software but it seems that I need to specify the dimension of the nodes. Using the element properties RCJoint, it asks me Lx, Ly and Lz. Might be this be for some improper use of the new functionality?

Moreover, when attempting to run the program, it shows the following error:
Error.JPG
Error.JPG (47.26 KiB) Viewed 410 times
I tried to download the file of the webinar (01/06/2020) where these things have were explained, but also in this case I seem to incur in the same error.

Could you please help me with this? Did the approach to create RCjoint change for the newest version?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Clarabella

Re: Analysis warning using RCJointModel3D

Post by Clarabella » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:03 am

Dear Vittoria,
The generation of the node is automatic but you still have to input Lx, Ly and Lz. We prefer to keep this option open for users, maybe in the future we will implement also this functionality.
Regards

VITTORIA

Post by VITTORIA » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:48 am

Dear Clarabella,

thank you for the answer, I'll input Lx,Ly and Lz. But still I have the same error when I use RcJointModel3D.

I downloaded the webinar #010 and I got the same error (Please find attached the figure).

How can I solve this?
Error webinar #10.JPG
Error webinar #10.JPG (240.88 KiB) Viewed 367 times

Clarabella

Post by Clarabella » Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:08 am

Dear Vittoria,
could you please download the latest version of STKO,version 1.1.2? We constantly update the program and this version should fix your problem.
Please let me know.
Best regards

VITTORIA

Post by VITTORIA » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:24 am

Thank you very much; it is working now. I did not know about the latest version 1.1.2.

Best regard.
Vittoria

Clarabella

Post by Clarabella » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 pm

Great! We are glad we solved the problem
Regards