Is there any easier way to extract the moment envelope from the gauss point of the structural component?

Hello! In this section we'll talk about the post processing module and the data visualization.
ZhangBin

Is there any easier way to extract the moment envelope from the gauss point of the structural component?

Post by ZhangBin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:54 am

Dear STKO team,
I try to extract the moment envelope graph of a pile subject to an earthquake time history. I found it is a little bit inconvenient to manually select part of the gauss point for plotting the moment envelope graph (I don't need all gauss points to get the envelope graph). I wonder if it is possible to select part of the gauss point (like the first gauss point in a beam element) in STKO?
From your webinar on youtube, I know that maybe the Python API can be used to extract the max moments of a pile. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the python language. I wonder if is there an easier way to get the envelope graph of structural components in STKO.

regards,
Zhang Bin
Attachments
图片1.png
图片1.png (158.78 KiB) Viewed 513 times

marafini.f

Re: Is there any easier way to extract the moment envelope from the gauss point of the structural component?

Post by marafini.f » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:53 am

Hi Zhang Bin,
of course you can select a single gauss point to plot your graph. There is an option at the end of the editor of the Gauss Plot called "Particle shrink factor". That allows you to operate a bettere selection.

Let us know if that helps.
Francesca

ZhangBin

Re: Is there any easier way to extract the moment envelope from the gauss point of the structural component?

Post by ZhangBin » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Dear STKO team,

Thanks for your quick reply. Maybe I didn’t express my thoughts accurately. Using the "Particle shrink factor" makes the selection much easier, but I don't need all of the gauss points. What I want to do is hide some gauss points, because I don't need all the gauss points in an element to plot the graph.

regards,
Zhang BIN

marafini.f

Post by marafini.f » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:34 pm

Hi Zhang Bin,

sorry I did not understand your question initially.

In this webinar, #12 at this link
https://asdeasoft.net/?get-started-webinars

I gave two example scripts to create load combinations results and envelope results.
Maybe you can try to edit them and adjust them to your problem.

Make an attempt and let us know if you need help
Francesca