RE: Viewing Stress Strain countors in post processing

Hello! In this section we'll talk about the post processing module and the data visualization.
ryancwl95

RE: Viewing Stress Strain countors in post processing

Post by ryancwl95 » Tue May 21, 2024 8:10 pm

Hi Admin,

I am using STKO as a post-processor for my analysis.

I have analysed a solid pile, embedded in sand, undergoing a load at the top. However, when I attempt to use STKO to view the stress-strain contours of the soil, I encounter difficulties and cannot seem to view the contours at all. Below is a screenshot of the model subjected to a monotonic load at the top of the pile:
Screenshot 2024-05-21 210219.png
Screenshot 2024-05-21 210219.png (95.1 KiB) Viewed 376 times
In my model, I am using a Drucker-Prager soil model for the soil body and a linear elastic model for the pile. Additionally, I am using SSPbrickUP elements for the soil and SSPbrick elements for the pile.
Also, I am able to visualize stress-strain contours when using a linear elastic model for the soil. This issue only arises when I use the Drucker-Prager model for the soil.

I have also included the recorder script used in my analysis to enable STKO as a post-processor.
Screenshot 2024-05-21 210506.png
Screenshot 2024-05-21 210506.png (38.85 KiB) Viewed 376 times

Could you advise on what might be going wrong and how I can successfully view the stress-strain contours in STKO?

STKO Team

Re: RE: Viewing Stress Strain countors in post processing

Post by STKO Team » Wed May 22, 2024 8:40 am

It should work with "stress" and not with "material.stress" because you have single-point elements.

Since the Drucker Prager formats the header of the result slightly differently, it may happen that if you mix SSPbrickUP elements (1 integration points) with a material that formats the output differently (Drucker) and another material that formats the result correctly (for example ElasticIsitropic), STKO may show you those results separately:
DUPL.png
DUPL.png (172.25 KiB) Viewed 366 times
Do you also have multiple "stress" or "strain" results? if so , try all of them